Sunday, February 7, 2010

So far in Canada

Just a very small post to give a rough idea of what I've been up to in Canada so far.  Most of these things will have blogposts of their own, but until I get those written, this will have to do!


So, I'm in Vancouver, and it's getting really exciting here at the moment with all the Olympic preparations!


Craig and I took a tour around Chinatown, which was both very informative, and very tasty, as it included plenty of taste tests of yummy Chinese snack foods.  This is the Milennium Gate, which stands at the western end of Chinatown. 


We went to see our host, Peter play the dame in a pantomime.  This costume was actually less disturbing than seeing Peter in streetclothes with the full makeup on.  And if you're wondering, those fake boobs are an H cup!


I went exploring around Vancouver's Granville Island.  My explorations also included a tour of the public market, which was very interesting, and like the Chinatown tour, tasty! 

Next, we headed to Victoria for a few days.  While there, we went to the museum, attempted to go whale watching, had high tea at the empress, and visited the bug zoo, where I held all sorts of creepy crawlies.



I made a new friend.  This is Muk Muk.  He is the official sidekick of the official mascots of the 2010 Olympic games, and he is supposed to be a Vancouver Island Marmot.  Yes, you read right, the mascots have an official sidekick.  The sidekick has almost become more popular than the actual mascots.  He is certainly the cutest!


And the most exciting thing recently was that we got to see, stand next and TOUCH the Stanley Cup.  For those non-Canadians reading this, it's like being next to the AFL cup (if you care about AFL), or perhaps the Trinations Cup.  I was also rather excited by the fact that they had mounties in the red uniform there too.  It was very exciting.  There was also a hockey player there named Bret Hedican who at one point had played for the local team.

More posts to come soon I hope, once I've got my photos sorted out, and taken a few more photos in some of the places around here.  Much more exploration to come, and hopefully some Olympic adventures too!

No comments:

Post a Comment